We are in our 23rd year of FREE TAX SERVICE!
If you work you may be eligible for a larger refund due to EIC (Earned Income Credit)! But to get it, you must do your taxes and we can help with that, for FREE! We all can use extra money for groceries, rent, utilities, clothes, or gas!
If your income was less than $54,427 you should check out your eligibility for EITC. EITC can mean up to a $6143 if you have qualifying children and workers without qualifying children could still get up to $496. You won't know, if you don't try!
We apologize that there is not a easy answer, the credit varies according to amount earned, qualified children, and even age.
Let us help you get the EIC and get it right! We are open every Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00pm. There are many other sites throught the United Way Finacial Literacy Partnership that could meet your work schedule better.
While we are at SBHS, we are located on the Canon Perdido side of the school, right across from the Armory, nearer the Nopal intersection. Bottom of 2 story English brick building with Dons Net Cafe-School of Business sign above our door!
What to bring:
- Valid driver's license or other photo ID
- SS# or ITIN for ALL people on your return
- Birth date for ALL people on your return
- All income statements: W-2's, 1099's, SS, unemployment
- All records of expenses: tuition, mortgage interest, real estate taxes
- Copies of last year's returns
- Bank routing and account numbers! Best way to file is to E-FILE! Fast, free, and SECURE!
- Child care information-don't forget there name, SS or EIN (tax id)
- Both people MUST sign form if MFJ or MFS
Check out this latest story on KEYT3!